Choose DuPage is excited to announce that we are partnering with the U.S. Census Bureau to support the 2020 Census. As a partner of DuPage County’s Complete Count Committee we will be working to make sure our community is accurately represented in the upcoming decennial count to promote our County’s efforts.
The census counts everyone in the United States. Census results are the basis for congressional representation and help determine how more than $675 billion of federal funds are distributed each year to support vital programs in states and communities across the country. These funds shape local health care, housing, education, transportation, employment, and public policy.
BENEFITS OF A COMPLETE COUNT
The once-a-decade population count provides rich data on communities, including trends in the population, projections of growth, and information on demographics. The data is valuable to businesses – they help inform better decision making regarding business expansions, closures, hiring strategies, and other business practices to decrease perceived risks and increase return on investment.
- Provide the basis for distributing grants for economic development and inform business decisions, such as local business expansion.
- Create projections of growth and help you identify prime locations to open new operations or shut old ones.
- Help business owners enhance hiring practices and identify skilled workers.
- Offer valuable information on your customer base, including income levels, household size, and homeownership, which can further inform business strategies such as pricing and location.
- Determine how much funding your community receives and its representation in government.
Visit 2020census.gov to get the latest news.