New Technician Support and Logistics jobs created will play a crucial role in efforts to enhance the customer experience
announced today that the company is hiring nearly 200 new employees as part of an initiative to enhance the customer experience. The new hires will join about 290 existing Workforce Operations employees to create two new centers of excellence, a “Technician Support Center” and “Technician Logistics Center.”
The centers will be responsible for scheduling, monitoring and supporting technicians in the field, who do installations and make service visits to customers’ homes and businesses. The new hires will work in the company’s Elmhurst facility located in DuPage County, Illinois and serve Comcast customers in the Chicago area and Illinois, as well as other Midwest and Southeast states.
“Comcast is continuing to invest in technologies, processes and, most importantly, employees to ensure that our customers have the best possible experience,” said John Crowley, Comcast’s regional senior vice president. “The Technician Support and Technician Logistics Centers will support Comcast’s Technical Operations staff in the field and help make sure technicians are on time for customer visits and that installations and repairs are done right.”
Once hiring is complete, Comcast’s Elmhurst facility will house nearly 800 employees. In addition to the Technician Support and Technician Logistics Centers, the facility houses Technical Operations, Engineering, Video Production, Sales, Community Relations, Human Resources and a host of other functions.
“With four major facilities and more than 2,500 employees in DuPage County, Comcast plays a major role in our local economy. It also provides high-speed Internet and other valuable services that will help our economy thrive in the future,” said DuPage County Board Chairman Dan Cronin.
“By making these hires and placing them here in Elmhurst, Comcast is not only helping to promote our economy, it’s making a commitment to providing excellent service to residents in our area and throughout Illinois,” said John Quigley, president and CEO of the Elmhurst Chamber of Commerce & Industry.
Comcast continually invests in ways to enhance the customer experience, and the creation of the Technician Support and Technician Logistics Centers is a major example.
In addition, Comcast recently:
- Committed to hiring 5,500 customer service representatives in locations across the country over the next few years, and already has announced new customer support centers in Albuquerque, Spokane and Tucson
- Is expanding its Social Care team to handle inquiries quickly on social media channels customers frequently use
- Committed to always being on time for customer appointments by the third quarter of 2015
- Created the MyAccount app, which allows customers to get information about their accounts and troubleshoot issues
- Partnered with The UPS Store to make equipment returns easier and more convenient at 4,400 locations across the country
- Created a new role in the Greater Chicago Region and elsewhere in the company – vice president of Customer Experience – to develop and improve processes that impact the customer experience.
“Comcast’s ongoing efforts to improve the customer experience have had some positive results. One key measure of our effectiveness – the number of visits we make to customers’ homes in the region to do repairs – actually decreased by 45% from 2009 to 2014,” Crowley said. “Our goal is to continue to make progress by enhancing our products, services, network and processes. The addition of the Technical Support and Logistics Centers in Elmhurst is a major step and crucial to this effort.”